Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black Out Day



It was with huge excitement that I got dressed for school today. Today at school we were going to have a Black Out Day to show our support for the All Blacks.

As I ran down the footpath I saw my friend. She ran to join me. Coins jingled in my pocket as I bounced about excitedly. I was going to buy a sausage for my lunch.

Arriving at school I noticed that even the teachers were wearing black. Miss Tito and Miss Va’afusuaga had black wigs on and even had some face paint! I love it when our whole school gets behind an idea.

At assembly Mr Burt kept telling funny stories.They were about the times when he had gone to the rugby games without his hat and got food stuck in his hair! I laughed and laughed, Mr Burt is a great storyteller.

After assembly we made some All Black players. We to get into groups of 5 then trace the smallest person in our group. After we had done that we had to draw on the uniform of the All Blacks.

My group was the first finished. Miss King let us go into the bay and paint our person. We talked as we worked and when we were finished painting we were covered in paint! As I washed my hands the bell rang. It was time for morning tea.

When morning tea was finished I rushed onto the field, we were going to play some with the 7s boys. Lots of other classes were there so it was a bit tricky getting into our teams without bumping into someone. But finally we were all in our teams.

I went to play touch with Tanielu. But the girls in my team were not good at playing touch so me played midnight instead. After game time was finished I was all hot and sweaty but I had a great time.

At lunch time I bought my sausage and sat with my friends under a shady tree. I felt all lazy and spent my most of my lunch time talking with my friends under the tree. When the bell rang I stood up and walked slowly class. I wondered what we were going to do next.

It was a great afternoon and we got to pick what we wanted to do. At the end of school I felt a bit sad because it had been a wonderful. But I was looking forward to watching the game tonight

I had such a great black out day and I really hope that the All Blacks can win tonight. My brother is supporting Tonga, but I still think that the All Blacks will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment