Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cross Country



Its Cross Country today and this year it is a new and longer track. I can't believe how the long the track is. Shivers ran up my spine as I waited for Mr Burt to say GO.

"How much longer till the race starts?" I asked Mr Marks. "About 2 minutes", he replied. I was so scared and I felt like my heart was about to escape out of my chest.
I was taken by surprise when Mr Burt said "GO" but I didn't waste any time. I put on a burst of speed and I realized I was in the lead with 4 more people. I felt extremely proud.

During the end of the race my feet were almost killing me. I was so exaushted and my lungs were screaming. Finally I saw the finish line putting on a slight burst of speed I crossed the Finish line.

At the end of the day I was proud of myself because I came 4th. Im so glad Cross Country is over.

1 comment: